Expectations & Outcomes
MAT Program Expectations
In order to maintain good standing in the UW-Green Bay Master of Athletic Training (MAT) program, you must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Retake a didactic course if you do not receive a grade of C or better.
- Obtain a grade of B or better in all clinical education courses.*
Additional Requirements for Completion of MAT
In addition to the academic progress requirements above, you will need to complete these additional requirements to successfully complete the program:
- Complete at least one interprofessional education activity.
- Attend at least one professional conference.
Program Probation & Expulsion Policy
If you're not able to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better, you will:
- Receive written notification from the program director concerning probationary status.
- Meet with the program director to determine a course of action to remedy the problem. You must follow through with the course of action set by the program director in order to be removed from program probation.
- Not be allowed to travel to away events associated with your assigned clinical rotation.
- Be removed from the program if you have not achieved a GPA of 3.0 or higher by the end of the probationary period.
*If you do not earn a grade of B or better in clinical education courses, you will be immediately dismissed from the MAT.
Ask a Professor
Any questions about program expectations and outcomes? As Program Director of the Master of Athletic Training program, Professor William Gear can help.