MS Cybersecurity Admissions
Each student’s prior academic background is evaluated by the UW-Green Bay Academic Director. Students who show exceptional promise but lack the minimal prerequisites may be admitted provisionally. Applicants are not required to take the GRE for admission. A completed application consists of the following:
- UW-Green Bay Graduate Application form.
- Two letters of evaluation or recommendation letters (can be professional or academic).
- A personal statement describing the reasons behind your decision to pursue this degree and what you believe you'll bring to the MS Cybersecurity program.
- Official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate).
- $56.00 application fee.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
In order to be considered for the program, you'll need:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 scale.
- Prerequisite coursework in Introduction to Computer Science (which must include significant programming content) and math (calculus or statistics). Please contact an enrollment advisor for details. If you have not taken courses in computer science and math, we have a list of course options you can choose from to meet the minimum admissions requirements.
This program is 100% online. International students are welcome to apply for and enroll in the program. However, they are unable to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa based on enrollment in this program. In addition to the application materials, international students will also need to provide the following documentation:
- A test of English proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS or the Duolingo English Test).
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation from a professional evaluation service currently recognized by NACES. UW-Green Bay recommends one of the following evaluation services: