MUSIC ADMISSIONS AND AUDITIONS
Let's hear from you
Auditioning helps find the perfect fit for your talents.
All of us started as beginners – that’s why you’re here, to be educated and hone your skills. When you audition, it helps us understand how best to showcase your talents in the appropriate ensemble.
If you want to major or minor in music, you'll perform two contrasting works or movements (10 minutes total) for your audition. Earlier auditions receive priority consideration for music scholarships. You'll be notified of audition results (including any scholarship offers) two weeks after your audition. Here are some guidelines for music auditions:
- In-person auditions are preferred, but video recordings are accepted. If submitting a video audition, all materials must be received by April 1 to be considered for scholarships.
- Memorization isn't required but is preferred for piano and voice.
- Vocalists should perform two classical songs, one preferably in a language other than English. Students may perform with a live accompanist or pre-recorded accompaniment. We do accept a cappella submissions if accompanist or recording isn't available.
- Percussionists may perform on up to three different instruments.
Apply for Music Major, Minor & Scholarships:
In order to apply for admission to a music major or minor or music scholarship, complete the steps below:
1 Music Application & Audition
Choose your preferred in-person audition date, and complete the UW-Green Bay online Music Admission and Scholarship Application:
- Sunday, December 3, 2023 - Green Bay Campus
- Friday, January 26, 2024 - Green Bay Campus
- Saturday, February 17, 2024 - Green Bay Campus
Complete the Application
In-person auditions are preferred, but video recordings are accepted. This video shows the steps to upload your audition video recording to YouTube to get a sharable link that you can submit for review.
2 High School Transcript
Have a copy of your high school transcript send to UW-Green Bay.
3 Letter of Recommendation
Obtain a letter of recommendation from a music teacher familiar with your musical ability and leadership potential. Email is acceptable for this purpose. Additional letters of reference are acceptable.
For students auditioning on band instruments, one letter should be with your present school band director. For voice students, one letter should be from your present school choral director.
Send all materials to:
Professor Luis Fernandez
Music Admission & Scholarship Coordinator
2420 Nicolet Drive, Theatre Hall 331
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org