COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page


General Information about the UW-Green Bay Music Program

How many music classes are taught by professors? (As opposed to teaching assistants?)

100% of music classes are instructed by faculty!

Is there a performing arts facility for concerts and performances?

Yes! The Weidner Center for the Performing Arts is one of the finest performing arts centers in the United States, with a magnificent performance hall, three smaller performance spaces including Fort Howard Hall and Jean Weidner Theatre, and state-of-the-art equipment. Students and faculty regularly perform in this world-class facility.

Is the Music program accredited?

Yes, the UW-Green Bay Music program is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).

May I rent an instrument from the Music program?

Yes, please see Prof. Kevin Collins (Studio Arts 151), the Director of Bands regarding instrument rental.

Where can I store my instrument?

Lockers are provided for students in Studio Arts.

Who can access the Music Department practice rooms?

Any student may use the standard-entry practice rooms. Keycard-entry practice rooms are available to Music Majors only.

If I still have questions, who can I talk to?

Ask any of our friendly and helpful Music faculty: Choral and Voice, Guitar and Bass, Keyboard, Music Education and Wind and Percussion.

Admission and Scholarship Application

Do music applicants have to apply to both the Music program and the University?

Yes. Applicants must complete both applications. If you have questions, please contact any Music faculty: Choral and Voice, Guitar and Bass, Keyboard, Music Education and Wind and Percussion.

Do I need to be accepted to UW-Green Bay before applying to the Music program?

Typically yes, but any Music faculty (Choral and Voice, Guitar and Bass, Keyboard, Music Education and Wind and Percussion) can help you with questions or application.

If I am applying for a non-performance degree, do I have to audition?

Yes. All potential Music undergraduates must audition in order to be considered for admission to the Music program.

Are there scholarships available?

Yes! Click here to learn more about scholarships.

Ensembles and Individual Lessons in Applied Instruments

Are private lessons taught by graduate teaching assistants like other universities?

No. At UW-Green Bay you will study privately with faculty members and receive personalized instruction.

Can I take private lessons if I am not a music major/minor?

Yes! All levels of lessons require concurrent enrollment in the related Large ensemble. (Band or Choir)

May I participate in an ensemble if I am not a music major?

Absolutely! All UW-Green Bay students are welcome (and encouraged!) to participate in our various ensembles: instrumental, jazz or vocal.

What ensembles are offered?

We have instrumental, jazz and vocal ensembles.

How can I learn more about the ensemble sign-up and audition process?

Auditions are typically held during the first week of each semester, and interested students should contact ensemble directors for specific information about times and procedures for auditions.


Degree Programs

What music degrees are offered?

Click here for our Program's offerings!

How do I know which Music degree is best suited for me?

Contact any Music faculty. We can offer suggestions!

I would like to earn a Minor in Music. Is this possible?

Certainly! For a list of course requirements, click here.