Ismail Shariff Endowed Scholarship
The Ismail Shariff Endowed Scholarship is named after a long-time member of the Regional Analysis and later Urban and Regional Studies faculty. The award is given to the outstanding student (or students) in Urban Studies who participates in research and study in the area of urban and regional economics.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The University shall, on a yearly basis, have the discretion to determine which student or students pursuing a course of study at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay shall receive a scholarship under the Ismail Shariff Endowed Scholarship program. The recipient(s) and at least one alternate shall be chosen by the Public and Environmental Affairs Scholarship Selection Committee pursuant to the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at UW-Green Bay with Junior or Senior standing and at least one remaining semester before degree completion.
- Preference is for a student with a declared a major in Urban and Regional Studies with studies that emphasize economic development.
- Second preference is for a student with a declared major in Environmental Policy and Planning with studies that emphasize economics.
- Submit a resume listing coursework completed in the major and related work (e.g., internship experience, volunteer activities, and involvement in the community).
- Submit a statement of research goals and expected use of funds from the award (no more than two pages typed, and double spaced).
Application Deadline: April 16th, 2021. Award of $479
Email questions regarding this application to:
Professor Kerry Kuenzi, Director, Student Scholarships and Awards
Office location: MAC A319