Provisional Reimbursement Policy
Please read our policy related to graduate courses for provisional (not yet approved) College Credit in High School (CCIHS) instructors.
To support credential attainment for future UW-Green Bay College Credit in High School (CCIHS) instructors, we have adopted the following policy pertaining to tuition reimbursement for high school teachers who are either in the process of completing their master’s degree or are in need of additional graduate credits to meet 18 graduate credit requirement set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) in order to be approved to teach a UW-Green Bay course through the CCIHS program.
CCIHS instructors who have been provisionally approved before and are currently teaching a CCIHS class are eligible for reimbursement of up to 18 graduate credits that meet HLC and UW-Green Bay faculty requirement for teaching through the CCIHS program. (For guidelines, please see Current Instructor Reimbursement Policy)
CCIHS teachers who have indicated they intend to seek approval for teaching upon meeting HLC and UW-Green Bay faculty requirements for teaching through the CCIHS program are eligible for reimbursement of up to nine graduate credits. (Teachers not currently teaching CCIHS are covered in this policy).
HLC policy 3.C.2 requires concurrent enrollment instructors to have a master’s degree in the discipline they are teaching. If the teacher’s master’s degree is in another discipline, they need to have at least 18 graduate credits in the discipline or equivalent tested experience.
High school teachers who have indicated they intend to seek approval for teaching through the CCIHS program are eligible for reimbursement of up to nine graduate credits that meet HLC and UW-Green Bay faculty requirements for teaching through the CCIHS program.
Teachers are eligible to seek reimbursement for the last nine credits of their master’s degree or the last nine credits needed to meet the 18 graduate credit minimum required by the HLC. 2.
Reimbursement will be made in the form of a professional development stipend and funded through the Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement CCIHS program. Reimbursement and rates will be based upon the following:
- Stipend payment is subject to availability of funding. Changes in the CCIHS program may cause modifications to policies and procedures.
- Reimbursement will only be provided if the partnering high school does not offer tuition reimbursement for the teacher.
- Expenses must be validated by a copy of the transcript with final grade (unofficial is acceptable) and a copy of the tuition payment receipt.
- Reimbursement is contingent upon the successful completion of the approved course/courses.
In order to qualify for the stipend payment, courses must be pre-approved by the CCIHS office. Courses will only be approved if they will count towards an instructor’s compliance of HLC policy 3.C.2. By submitting a request for reimbursement, teachers are confirming there is no other reimbursement available through their school district that would be provided for course tuition.
Under this policy, tuition assistance is provided to teachers who have submitted their credentials for initial review to teach through the CCIHS program but must complete their master’s or are required to earn additional graduate credits to meet HLC requirements and become qualified to teach.
While coursework within the UW System is encouraged, coursework may be taken at any regionally accredited higher education institution. Maximum stipend payment per credit is limited to the graduate credit rate at UW-Green Bay for the semester in which the course starts, currently $551.73 per credit. Reimbursement of up to nine credit is allowed through the CCIHS program. Admissions/administrative processing fees, books, supplies and travel costs are not reimbursable.
Recipients of professional development stipends are solely responsible for the tax consequences of receipt of this stipend and are solely and exclusively responsible for the reporting of any compensation derived from labor as required by the United States Internal Revenue or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- Review of credentials – All CCIHS instructors will have their current credentials reviewed by UW-Green Bay CCIHS Program Specialist and corresponding faculty departments to complete an initial review of credentials and develop a plan for reaching qualifications required for teaching through the CCIHS program.
- Instructor chooses a course and submits a Request for Tuition Reimbursement Preapproval form (pdf). Forms are submitted to the CCIHS office for review and approval before the teacher registers for the class. Preapproval forms should be submitted as soon as possible before the start of the class.
- CCIHS office will approve or deny the course and notify the instructor. Once approved, the instructor can register and pay for the class.
- Completion of class – Upon successful completion of the course, the instructor must submit a Request for Professional Development Stipend Payment form to the CCIHS office. Instructors must attach a copy of the transcript with a passing final grade (unofficial is acceptable) and a copy of the tuition payment receipt. The stipend payment will be sent via check after the completion of the class.
- Reimbursement will not be provided if a teacher withdraws from an approved course or if the approved course is canceled. Furthermore, the teacher must promptly inform the CCIHS department if they withdraw from an approved course or if the course is canceled.
Note: Recipients of professional development stipends are solely responsible for the tax consequences of receipt of this stipend and are solely and exclusively responsible for the reporting of any compensation derived from labor as required by the United States Internal Revenue or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.