Below are the steps students take towards admission and enrollment into the Rising Phoenix Program.
Admissions process begins Winter 2023 and rolls out with a cohort of rural high school juniors in Fall 2023 through their projected graduation in Spring 2025. Students apply as sophomores and are enrolled in the program as juniors and seniors.
Priority Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Admissions criteria may include:
- 3.0 GPA average or above will be encouraged, although not required
- First generation college student
- Racial or ethnic minority student
- Free or reduced lunch eligibility
- Demonstration of academic excellence or college readiness
- School attendance
- Recommendations by high school teachers and school counselors
- Expression of interest in an early college opportunity
1. Student Application
Complete online application. Short answer responses and student and parent/guardian expectations and FERPA forms are required. We recommend preparing your responses to the essay questions prior to starting the online form. Questions include:
- Why are you interested in participating in the Rising Phoenix Early College High School Program?
- Describe a time when you overcame a serious challenge. Explain the details of the situation and how you handled things and worked through things.
- As a Rising Phoenix student, you will take college-level coursework at your high school, online, and/or on one of the UW-Green Bay campuses in Green Bay, Manitowoc, Marinette, or Sheboygan. How will you utilize social and academic resources and support during your journey? Please be specific.
See example responses if you need some help with where to start.
Complete Online Application
2. Teacher Recommendations
Teachers submit recommendations online. Two recommendations are required, one in a core subject area (English/language arts, math, social studies, science).
3. Student Transcripts & Attendance Record
Email high school transcript and attendance record to firstname.lastname@example.org. School counselor or district staff member provides documents to review committee.
Students are notified of admissions decisions by early April 2023.