Instructor Resources

The Student Accessibility Services (SAS) identifies accommodations the university is obligated to provide under the UW System policy (UWS 14-10) and Federal Legislation that ensures students with disabilities have equal access to UW-Green Bay.  If you are unsure of how to accommodate a student, please contact SAS as we are here to assist in the accommodation process.

Campus Resources for Faculty

The Center for Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL)
CATL is a place to go for your instructional design and digital learning environments inquires.  The staff provides individual consultations and workshops. 

Canvas (Accessibility)- Using UDOIT Accessibility Tool
The UDOIT Cloud Course Accessibility checker is available to instructors in all Canvas courses in the UWS Digital Learning Environment (DLE) and at UW-Madison. UDOIT is designed to assist faculty with improving the accessibility of their Canvas courses. It scans Canvas courses, provides easy-to interpret suggestions to improve the accessibility of the course, and can automatically repair many common accessibility issues.

Dean of Students Office 
If you have a concern regarding a student in your course, the Dean of Students is the place where you can go for student resources and support.  


Frequently Ask Questions

How will faculty/instructional staff be notified if a student needs accommodations?

When a student requests academic accommodations, an email will be generated from UWGB - Student Accessibility Services <> that will indicate provide the student's advisor and list the accommodations below.  

What if a student discloses disability and requests an academic accommodations?

If a student requests accommodations, the student needs to be registered and approved for the accommodation requested.  If student is not, please refer student to Student Accessibility Services.  

What if I can't recall the students who have requested accommodations in my courses?

Faculty/Instructional Staff can log in to the GB ACCESS Instructional Portal to view the students who have requested accommodations in your courses.  

Are accommodations retroactive?

No, accommodations begin once the notification is emailed to the professor/instructional staff.  

How do I log into to GB ACCESS?

Using your UWGB Creditials (including, please click on button below to log in to GB ACCESS.  Please contact SAS if you are having difficulties.


Faculty Resources Links

The Faculty Room
A space for faculty and administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create classroom environments and activities that maximize the learning of all students, including those with disabilities.

Reasonable Accommodations
Employers and educators need practical information about reasonable accommodations for people who have psychiatric disabilities.

Heath Resource Center
The national clearinghouse on postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities.