Skip to main content

Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Although it is the policy of UW-Green Bay that individuals are only allowed small non-dangerous fish in University housing, under the Fair Housing Act, UW-Green Bay has adopted an Emotional Support Animal ESA Policy (pdf).

Apply early, as the application process can take up to eight weeks to complete. Requests after the term begins may result in ESA approval for the following term.

How to Apply for Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

  1. Review ESA policy and procedures for an ESA to reside in University housing: Emotional Support Animal ESA Policy (pdf)
  2. Log in to GB Access with your UW-Green Bay email and password and complete the housing accommodation application.
    Housing Application 
  3. Schedule and attend a 30-minute meeting with the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Director to discuss the ESA review process. Call 920-465-2841 or email
  4. Complete and upload request form. You will need to complete and upload the ESA Housing Request Form (pdf)
  5. Provide medical documentation: Medical Documentation for ESA (pdf).
    • The form must be filled out by your treating professorial
    • Return it to SAS in email at or fax 920-465-2841.

Once all documentation is received, you will receive notification in your UW-Green Bay email with the results of the review from Housing & Residential Education.

Lynn Niemi, Student Accessibility Services Director

Who to Contact

All initial communication regarding any housing accommodations will be managed through the office of SAS. The office contact information is 920-465-2841 and

Contact Us