Skip to main content

Apply for Accommodations

The First Step is
to Apply

Student Accessibility Services is here to help you.

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) removes barriers for students with documented disabilities to ensure equal access by providing academic and housing accommodations.

About Accommodations

University staff assisting a student at a computer

How to Apply for Accommodations

SAS offers an easy-to-use online application for both academic accommodations and accessible housing.

Academic Accommodations

Academic accommodations are designed to reduce or eliminate barriers in the learning environment in order to ensure students with disabilities have equal access and opportunity to learn and participate fully in all educational programs.

Apply for Academic Accommodations

Accessible Housing

If you have a disability that affects your housing options, SAS will work in collaboration with Housing and Residential Education to identify an accessible housing placement to address your disability-specific access needs.

Apply for Accessible Housing


Students are required to provide documentation from a treating professional verifying that at diagnosed condition meets the legal definition of a disability covered under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. These laws define a disability as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.

If you have access to your documentation, you can attach it to your application. If not, your provider can fax or email it to SAS, and we can upload it for you.

Documentation Details

Kim Mezger

Here to Help!

Do you have questions about applying for accommodations? Kim Mezger and the SAS team are here to help.

Contact Us