Building Usage Guidelines
Food and Beverages
Food and beverages are allowed in most areas of the UW-Green Bay Libraries. However, in accordance with campus policy they are not permitted at computer workstations. People violating this policy will be asked to stow open food and/or drink or take it elsewhere to finish. Food and beverages are not permitted in the Archives & Area Research Center on the 7th floor of the Cofrin Library.
The UW-Green Bay Libraries are smoke-free to comply with State of Wisconsin law. Smoking is permitted outside of the buildings in designated areas.
Library users are reminded to be thoughtful of others who are studying or doing research. Conversations away from public service areas and group study rooms should be non-disruptive. You may report disturbances to any library service desk.
Please silence your cell phones while in the Library. Cell phones should be used in lobby areas only.
Children in the Library
All children under the age of 15 must be accompanied and directly supervised by an adult while in UW-Green Bay Libraries. The limited exceptions are: (a) children under the age of 15 who are currently affiliated with a UW-Green Bay program as reflected in University records and (b) children who identify the need to use the Federal depository materials (see below). Unescorted children will be required to leave the premises. Access to, or use of, the internet by minor children is solely the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
- UW-Green Bay Libraries are open to the public, which may put a child at serious risk from strangers.
- UW-Green Bay Libraries are academic research libraries with unfiltered internet access. This unedited access to the internet may not be in a child’s best interest.
- Library staff cannot be responsible for children’s safety and comfort, especially in an emergency.
- If an unattended child is injured or becomes ill while in the Library, staff does not know the parent/caregiver to contact in an emergency and cannot authorize medical care for the child.
- If a child wishes to leave the Library, or leaves with a stranger, staff cannot legally detain the child, even if the parent has told the child to remain within the Library in the parent’s absence.
Federal Depository Library Materials Use
To accommodate the legal use of Federal depository materials in UW-Green Bay Libraries, any unaccompanied child under 15 who self-identifies the need to access Federal depository materials for research will receive mediated searching assistance from library staff to identify and make available this material.