Skip to main content

Pre-Award Spending Requests

Requests to establish an extramurally funded project grant number in anticipation of an award should be in the form of a memo or email from the appropriate department chair's office, with approval of the corresponding dean. In order to establish a project grant number the Office of Grants and Research and Controller's Office must have on file a completed Transmittal Form including all necessary approval signatures, copy of submitted proposal including complete and approved budget, in addition to a sponsors letter or email of intent to fund. Please note, not all sponsoring agencies allow pre-award expenditures.

Please address any questions related to your ability to incur pre-award costs directly to Grant Accountant, Jeff Selner (920)-465-2001, or Office of Grants & Research Director, Roger Wareham (920)-465-2784