Skip to main content

Accessible Housing Accommodations

The Student Accessibility Services Office (SAS) is the designated entity on campus to collect all disability documentation as it relates to disability-related accommodations for University Housing for on-campus residence halls and apartments. Students with a documented long-term or permanent disabilities who's disability must necessitate adjustments to the living environment, may request accessible housing accommodations. Students need to apply and complete the registration process before room assignments are made. University Housing will work to fill requests after room assignments are made, but some accommodations may be limited by housing availability.

Aerial photo of housing

Apply 6 weeks prior. Accessible housing accommodations application and approval is a longer process. We recommend applying 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.

What are Housing Accommodations?

Student housing at UW-Green Bay is located adjacent to academic and recreational facilities. It is connected to main the campus by paved walkways, which are equipped with curb cuts, emergency telephones and lighting. Other accessible housing features may include:

  • First floor housing unit
  • Kitchen modifications
  • Strobe fire alarm systems
  • Automatic door openers
  • Walk-in showers
  • Front-load washers/dryers

How to Apply for Accessible Housing

  1. Log in to GB Access with your UW-Green Bay email and password to complete the housing application.
    Housing Application 
  2. Call 920-465-2841 to schedule and attend an appointment with the SAS Director to go over the housing review process.
  3. Complete and upload request form: Student Disability Accommodation Request form (pdf)
  4. Upload medical documentation for housing: Medical Documentation for Housing Accommodation (pdf)

Once all documentation is received, SAS will notify you of Housing ADA Committee Review and next steps through you UW-Green Bay email.

Returning Students

Returning student seeking accessible housing should contact Housing and Residential Education at 920-465-2040 or before room selection begins to ensure they can continue to receive approved accommodations. If accommodations are approved by the Housing ADA Committee for one year, students will need to reapply the next year..

Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Typically, students living on campus are only allowed small, non-dangerous fish in University housing. Under the Fair Housing Act, UW-Green Bay has adopted an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) policy.

How to apply for an ESA  

Guest Accommodations

Housing residents with family members or friends who need accessibility accommodations while visiting UW-Green Bay housing facilities should contact the office of Housing and Residential Education at 920-465-2040 or

Lynn Niemi, Student Accessibility Services Director

Who to Contact

SAS works with all students requesting housing accommodations to help them through the application process. Please contact us for more information.

Contact Us