Follow the steps below to successfully enroll in Dual Enrollment Access Academy. The steps look like a lot, but they are not hard, especially if you follow the help suggestions.
How to Complete a Dual Enrollment Application
- Choose create an account or sign in if you've filled out an application for another UW school.
2. Choose "Start Application".
3. Answer the questions as shown below.
- Are you applying as a degree-seeking student? No.
- Are you a U.S. Citizen? Answer accordingly.
- Have you graduated from high school/secondary school or earned your GED/HSED? No.
4. The application should now show "You are a high school non-degree applicant."
- If it tells you something different, go back and make sure you chose correctly in #3.
5. Choose "Continue" and answer with the following responses.
- Where do you want to go? UW-Green Bay
- Choose your program: College Credit in High School Program
- When would you like to start school? Choose your intended semester.
6. You will be able to review your choices.
- Your summary should look like this:
7. Next, you'll provide personal information.
of the following to answer the question "Which form of identification can you provide?".
- Social Security Number: If you choose this, you'll be asked for your 9-digit number.
- Tax Identification #: You probably don't have one of these.
- Do Not Want to Provide/Do Not Have: If you choose this, you will get a message about why you should provide a TIN or SSN. There are no tax or financial aid implications for high school dual credit students so you don't need to worry about this. Choose "Close and Accept".
8. Continue with parent/guardian information.
- Do not "Skip Parent Section".
- You only need to provide information for one parent/guardian.
9. Continue with residency information.
- Residency is determined by the parent section.
- Answer yes to the question: "Are you claiming Wisconsin residency to qualify for the Wisconsin resident tuition rate?"
- Choose "Save and Continue."
10. Add your high school.
- Choose "Add High School". You do not need to upload your transcript.
- Then "Save and Continue".
11. Continue with the essay section. Answer "Holistic Review."
- You are not writing an essay, but we need to complete this field. Answer "Holistic Review".
- Type in the name of your current high school.
12. Sign and submit your application.
- There is no cost to apply for high school dual credit.
- Choose "I Agree" to answer "Do you agree to all of the above?".
- Sign your application in the signature field.
- Choose "Submit Application".
After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address you used to create your account. If you do not get a confirmation email, check your junk folder. If you don't have anything in your junk folder, check to make sure you finished and completed. You will be contacted by UW-Green Bay with your registration confirmation and orientation information before the course begins.