Art of Spiritual Companioning Noncredit Certificate
Help Guide Others
Shepherd others on their spiritual journeys.
Spirituality can add depth and meaning to life. Today, individuals approach spirituality through a variety of realms. This certificate program will ground you in topics that will enable you to shepherd others on their spiritual journeys.
Our Certificate at a Glance
Find out more about the Art of Spiritual Companioning Noncredit Certificate Program.
Thursdays, April 4-May 2, 2024
Live Online (Zoom)
$299 for all 5 sessions
Share Your Blessings
Your gifts and talents, experiences and challenges are blessings for others. Learn to share them. Walk with another in love and compassion.
Deepen Your Relationships
If you are a social worker or therapist, this certificate will help you work with clients who'd like to explore their spirituality, and if you are a religious leader or counselor this certificate will inform your spiritual guidance.
Customized to Your Needs
Sessions will be customized based on the needs of participants and could include all or any combination of:
- Distinguish between spiritual direction and spiritual companioning
- Construct a spiritual timeline
- Develop a mentor, peer supervision group and other methods for self-care
- Construct a rubric for client meetings
- Evaluate processes and techniques used with suggestions for more beneficial learning
- Participate in guided meditation
- Summarize content and evolving awareness in oral presentation
- Initiate "client" meeting
- Reflect on readings
- Organize triads for discussion
- Express importance of leave-taking, closure and expressions of gratitude
At the conclusion of this certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Begin, conduct and end a session with a client
- Articulate a personal experience as an example of a concept
- Awareness of ethical and confidentiality boundaries
- Identify attitudes and behaviors in a client that would warrant referral to a physician, counselor or another professional
- Distinguish between conversation and spiritual companioning
- Acquaintance with methods of self-care, continual professional development and supervision
Sister Anne Marie Lom
Sister Anne Marie Lom, OSF, is the Director of the St. Francis House of Prayer, Manitowoc, where she coordinates spiritual offerings, retreat ministry, and continuing formation opportunities. She served for six years as a Council Member of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. She was also a Spiritual Director at St. Raphael Parish in Oshkosh for over ten years. She has taught prolifically, serving for almost fifteen years as Campus Minister and Religious Studies Instructor at Roncalli High School. She earned a B.A. in Education and an M.A. in Applied Spirituality and a Certificate of Internship in Franciscan Spirituality and Spiritual Direction. Learn more about the St. Francis House of Prayer.