Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Am I an international applicant?

A: You are an international applicant if you are NOT a U.S. citizen, immigrant or green card holder. Unless you are enrolling in an online program, International students must have a visa status that allows academic study at UW-Green Bay. International applicants include students who hold U.S. visas, such as: F-1, J-1 Exchange Visa, H-1, F-2 Dependent Visa, or any other non-immigrant classifications. Please note that we are unable to provide visas through our online or MBA programs. 

Q: May I study at UW-Green Bay on my F-2 dependent visa?

A: Before you submit an application, please confirm that the program you are interested in allows part-time study. New U.S. government regulations (issued June 2015), permits dependents (F-2) of international students to engage in study at SEVP-certified schools in the U.S., as long as they are only enrolled part-time. Although dependents can only study part-time, that part-time study can result in the attainment of a degree. However, the dependent with F-2 status would not be eligible for any employment - including on-campus, CPT, or OPT. If a dependent with F-2 status wants to enroll at UW-Green Bay as a full-time graduate student, they must apply for and obtain approval to change their non-immigrant classification to F-1 or J-1.

Q: What is required when sending my international transcripts?

A: Please have your international college or university send your transcripts directly to UW-Green Bay's Office of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also provide an Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) in order for an application to be considered. ECE or WES evaluations must be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies. Copies must be sent directly from the credential evaluators to the University in a sealed envelope.

Office of Graduate Studies
University of Wisconsin- Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive, CL 835
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54311, USA

Q: Do you require the GRE test?

A: Not all graduate programs require submission of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores. Please check departmental requirements carefully to determine what test scores may be required. When requesting official GRE scores from ETS, use institution code 1859 for University of Wisconsin - Green Bay.

Q: Is on-campus housing available?

A: Yes! On-campus accommodation is available and you may apply for housing at the Office of Housing and Residential Education website, However, the University does not offer housing for married students or families. There are many off-campus accommodations available within two miles of the school.

Q: Who should I contact if I have questions regarding my graduate application or visa application?

A: Application questions: Office of Graduate Studies, or (920) 465-2123
Visa questions: Office of International Education, Brent Blahnik, or (920) 465-2190.