x
 
COVID-19 Updates See our coronavirus information page.

Office of Residence Life

Housing

Byron Walter Hall

Byron Walter Hall opened in 1985 and is recently remodeled, offering fully-furnished rooms with a private bathroom and shower, vanity area and sink, in a room shared by two students. Byron Walter Hall is located in the community of Josephine Lenfestey, Arlene Walter, and Ted Lenfestey Halls and near academic buildings, the Community Center, Kress Center, the Mauthe Center and housing parking lot.

Mailing Address

Resident's Name
Resident's Campus Box Number
3346 Lenfestey Court
Green Bay, WI 54311

Byron L. Walter Hall At a Glance:  
Number of Units 30
Residents 60
Coed Yes
Private Bedrooms No
Private Bathrooms Yes
Vacation Housing Yes
Summer Housing No
Dining Required Yes
ADA Accessible No
Elevator No
Smoke Free Yes
Alcohol Permitted No
Furnishings per student
  • Extra-long twin bed
    (may be jr. lofted or bunked)
  • Dresser
  • Desk with hutch,
    lamp, and chair
  • Closet
  • High-speed internet jack
Furnishings per room
  • Vanity area with sink
  • Private shower and toilet
  • Wi-Fi throughout housing
  • Cable television access (HD)
  • Blinds or drapes
  • Electronic card plus PIN secured
  • Carpeted rooms

About Byron Walter

The Byron L. Walter Trust supported a wide range of community projects including educational initiatives and development on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. The trust is the legacy of Byron L. (Barney) Walter, a native of Monroe, Michigan, who spent most of his adult life in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Mr. Walter attended a trade school in Milwaukee and came to Green Bay in 1898 as a 21-year-old plumber's apprentice. He began his business career as an office boy for the Gotredson Bros. Hardware Company. By the time the Morley Murphy Company bought the store, Mr. Walter had worked his way up to buyer. He left Morley Murphy in 1906 to form a partnership in a new hardware and sheet metal company, later to be known as Green Bay Hardware, Inc., and was president there until his retirement in 1953. He was a cofounder of the Paper Converting Machine Company, which is still active locally and internationally, and served for a time as company president.