Skip to main content

Disposal of Surplus Property


Disposal of Surplus Property:

Complete the Surplus Property Declaration Form. Contact the Surplus Department with any questions.

In most cases, Surplus Property will determine the value of item to be sold. In the case of specialized equipment, Surplus Property staff may consult with department personnel for assistance in determining pricing. State law requires all proceeds from surplus sales to be deposited in the State Stabilization Fund.

Items that are not owned by the State or UW-Green Bay, that are left on UW-Green Bay property (abandoned property), may be disposed of by Central Receiving using normal surplus methods, provided proper attempts to notify the owner have been made.


Departments wishing to include a trade-in along with a purchase must notify Purchasing of this intent. Purchasing is required to perform a cost analysis to determine the best value for the State of Wisconsin. The information on the Surplus Property Declaration Form will be required, so it is advisable for departments to complete this form prior to contacting Purchasing.

For information on the disposal of hazardous materials or animals (live or dead), please contact Safety & Environmental Management.