UW Extension Independent Learning Tuition Waiver
University of Wisconsin Extended Campus through Independent Learning offers a wide range of courses that may be completed through their Independent Learning options. More information can be found on the Independent Learning web site.
- Student may have a waiver approved for fall and spring semesters only.
- Waivers are not available for January interim or summer enrollment at UW - Green Bay (UWGB)
- The credits earned through UW- Extended Campus must transfer and count toward an undergraduate degree requirement at UWGB.
- Student has paid (or will pay) full time tuition at UWGB and remain in full-time status (12+ credits) at UWGB.
- The total amount of credits in progress at UWGB plus those from UW- Extended Campus is reviewed for approval by the Registrar up the maximum amount of credit allowed at UWGB (18 credits for undergraduates)
- Waivers can be granted for credits above the full time undergraduate tuition plateau 13-18 credits, any tuition and fees for credits taken above the limit are the student responsibility
- Example a student is enrolled in 16 credits at UWGB and enrolls in a 3 credit UW Extended Campus course.
- A waiver is approved for two credits, with one additional credit of tuition and fees assessed to the student
- Students may only add an Independent Learning course through the end of the sixth week of regular 14 week courses.
- Courses less than 14 weeks students may add a course up to the point when 50% of the course is delivered.
- Independent Learning Waiver forms can be obtained by contacting the Registrar's office at email@example.com or stopping in the GBOSS location in SS1100.
- Students complete the form, providing enrollment data for the semester requested, UW Extended Campus course information, payment information and submit the form for approval to the Registrar
- Student data is reviewed for approval and an email notification is sent to the students UWGB email account
- Once the approval is granted students should go to the UW Independent Learning website (il.wisconsin.edu/catalog/index.aspx) to pre-register.
- When you get to the Degree Status pick yes for both questions.
- Select your home campus
- Select your program
- Select your primary purpose and hit Next
- When you get to the Checkout select:
- Payment Type: Mail/fax/phone/purchase order payment
- Reason: Tuition Waiver
- Institution: Select your Campus and Click on Submit Registration. You can now call and pay the $75.00 administrative fee. Once payment is received, I can process your paperwork.
- Scan and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completed approval form from UWGB to UW Independent Learning Student Services by attaching it to the confirmation email.
- Once you have sent the approval form, contact UW Independent Learning Student Services 1-877-UW-LEARN (895-3276).
- A $75 administrative fee is then paid over the phone or by check, this fee is not part of the waiver granted
Information updated 5/12/2020