Skip to main content

Transcript FAQs

It's not unusual to have questions about ordering transcripts. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions that might help you to find your answer quickly.

I don't remember my student ID, password, or the years I attended. How do I order my transcript?

When placing an order through Parchment, you will be asked to provide your Social Security and the name you used while attending the University. We will use this information to locate your transcript.

I went to UW Marinette/Sheboygan/Manitowoc, where do I get those transcripts?

If you attended one of the UW Marinette, Shebogyan, or Manitowoc campuses prior to the Fall 2019 semester, you will have to order your transcript from UW Colleges. You can start by going to Requesting a Former UW Colleges Transcript. If you attended at multiple campuses, you do not need to order transcripts from each location. All your records from each of the campus locations are all on one transcript. You only need to order once.

If I am applying to UW-Green Bay and I attended UW Marinette/Sheboygan/Manitowoc, do I need to order a transcript?

If you last attended one of the campus locations in Marinette, Sheboygan or Manitowoc prior to the Fall 2018 semester, you will have to order your transcript from UW Colleges by requesting a Former UW Colleges Transcript. You will have to select UW-Green Bay as the recipient to have your UW Colleges transcript electronically sent to UW-Green Bay. If you attended one of the additional campus locations during the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 semester or later, you do not have to send a transcript from UW Colleges to UW-Green Bay.

What is the difference between an unofficial and official transcript?

Official transcripts are authenticated and printed on security paper, or are authenticated on encrypted PDF files. Official transcripts contain a student's official record at UW-Green Bay. Unofficial transcripts are available only to current active students on their SIS account contain the student's enrollment record.

Can I get an Unofficial Transcript emailed to me?

No. Unofficial transcripts are not encrypted and cannot be electronically sent. This is due to security and student privacy. If you need your transcript to be emailed, you will have to order your transcript to be delivered electronically.

How long will it take my transcript to be delivered?

Electronic official transcripts are delivered to your recipient within the same day your order is verified and completed. Mail orders will be delivered via USPS first class mail which may take 3-5 business days. If you choose to expedite your order with FedEx Overnight Shipping, the order will be delivered the following business day.

You will receive a separate email if there are any additional steps required to complete the processing of your transcript. A "hold" may be automatically placed on your order if there are discrepancies between provided student information and our records system. These require manual resolution by staff. Holds will be removed within 3 business dates and no intervention is necessary on your part.

Please note that any transcript orders placed as "hold for degree" or "hold for grades" will not be sent out until the end of the current term after grades and degrees are posted. This may take several weeks after the end of the term. We cannot guarantee that transcript orders placed with the "send now" option will contain all end-of-term information. If this information is missing, a new order will need to be placed.

You can track your order status by logging into your Parchment account.

How much does a transcript cost?

Pricing varies depending on the transcript type and delivery method you've selected. Prices range from $10 to $65.

Unofficial Transcripts are available through the Student Center in SIS at no charge. Please note that this is an unauthenticated copy of your record and may not be sufficient for external transfer of credit or verification of enrollment.

Unfortunately, there is no option for students to order over the phone. Transcript orders must be placed online.

I have a form or an attachment that I would like to add to my transcript order, how do I do that?

Do not email, fax, or bring your attachments to the Registrar's Office. Attachments are electronically uploaded onto the order. If you have an attachment that UW-Green Bay needs to complete, please upload the attachment onto the order. AMCAS, PHARMCAS, and other application services identification attachments are auto-generated and attached to the transcript after student enters their CAS ID. Attaching the CAS ID page is not necessary.

Can I select multiple recipients with one order or do I need to place a new order each time?

You can have up to five different recipients in one order. The transcript fee applies for each copy you send.

Will the transcript show all of my courses? Graduate and Undergraduate?

Yes, your transcript will show your courses for all collegiate careers that you enrolled at UW-Green Bay.

Will my transfer credits be on the transcript?

The credits that UW-Green Bay accepted as transfer credits will be listed on your UW-Green Bay Transcript. This may not be all of the credits you have taken at other institutions. If you attended different institutions, you will want to contact their records office for your official transcripts.

Is there a way to view my transcript without placing an order?

If you are a current student, you can view your unofficial transcript from the Student Center in SIS. If you are not a currently active student, there is no way to view your transcript. You will have to place an order.

I ordered my transcript a while ago, why hasn't it been sent?

There are multiple reasons for the delay:

  1. You may have chosen to hold your transcript until grades or degrees are posted at the end of the semester.
  2. The credit card entered on the order may have been invalid or cannot be charged. In this instance, please contact the Parchment Support Center.
  3. An invalid recipient email/mailing address will prevent the transcript from being delivered successfully.
  4. The postal service might have lost your transcript along their delivery process. You can track your order status by logging into your Parchment account. With further questions, please contact the Parchment Support Center.
Are my transcripts orders refundable?

All transcripts orders are final once they are completed and delivered. Transcript orders are not refundable or reissued. Please review your order summary carefully before you submit your order.

I need a copy of my transcript, what are my delivery options?

If you need your transcript on the same day, there are a few options:

  1. You may order an electronic PDF official transcript. If the recipient you are sending to accepts electronic transcripts, they will receive the transcript as soon as your order is verified and complete.
  2. You may select the FedEx delivery and your transcript will be shipped overnight with FedEx. Please note that FedEx cannot deliver to P.O. Box addresses.

Please note that standard orders of official and unofficial transcripts will be send through USPS First Class mail, which will be delivered between 3-10 business days. All delivery options have different fee rate.

I need my current grades and/or degree to be on my transcript, how do I do that?

During your ordering process, there is a dropdown option for you to indicate if you would like to hold your transcript until either grades or degrees have been posted. Once grades have been posted and the conferral deadline has passed for the held term, the Registrar's Office will process your order. You do not need to contact anyone to process the order. If you select to "Send Now," and complete your order but wanted your current degree/grades transcribed, you will have to place a new order. Please review your grades on SIS before ordering a transcript.

I am applying to medical school and need my transcript to be sent to one of the medical application service (e.g. AMCAS or PHARMCAS). Do I send my transcript request form to the Registrar's Office?

No, do not mail, email, or fax your transcript request form to the Registrar's Office. AMCAS prefers students order their electronic transcript to be sent to them electronically. You can order your transcript by going to the Transcript Ordering webpage and order your electronic transcript online. You will be ask to provide your CAS ID when you select application service as your receiving recipient. The order will generate an electronic copy of your CAS attachment to be send along with your official transcript to your medical school application service. If you need to order a hard copy, the attachment must be uploaded to the order.