Accept/Decline Your Award

You'll receive notification from the Financial Aid Office when your financial aid award is ready for your review. Postcard notifications are sent to new students and all students receive an email notification to their UWGB email account. Once you know your award is ready, you'll want to navigate to UW-Green Bay's Student Information System.

Log in using your network username and password (new students, this is found in your Admissions packet).

Go to the Finances area, Click Accept/Decline Awards, and select the correct Aid Year.

Awards are normally for the entire year and will be split equally between fall and spring semesters. (Exceptions may include registered December graduates or students admitted for spring). If you want to reduce a loan or work study award, click ‘Accept' and enter the amount needed in the box (whole numbers only-no cents). After accepting and/or declining the various aid options offered, click SUBMIT and then YES and OK in order to submit your request and return to the Award Screen. If you want to accept an award for one semester only, you'll need to contact the Financial Aid Office.

Please note the following

If you are having difficulty accessing the Student Information System, call the IT Service Desk at or 920-465-2309.

All awards are based on an estimate of the amount of funds available for the year. Therefore, all amounts are subject to reduction or cancellation if actual funds do not meet estimates. Should any significant change from the award you accepted be necessary, you will be notified at the earliest possible date.

All aid is awarded assuming full time enrollment. See Enrollment Changes for more information.

What's next?

Follow the links under After Awarding to find out what needs to be done before you can receive your financial aid and things to consider before beginning your first semester. Here's a preview of each step:

  • Complete Loan Requirements- If you're a first time borrower, or it has been several years since you have borrowed, go to this link in order to complete the required steps.
  • Report Outside Aid/Scholarships- If you are receiving other sources of educational assistance (scholarships, veteran's benefits), go here to report them to the Financial Aid Office.
  • Enrollment Changes- Not sure whether or not you will be full time, part time or dropping credits? This link will provide you with some helpful information.
  • Not Enough Aid? Explore other funding options if your financial aid package isn't enough.
  • Purchase Books- If possible, you'll want to purchase your books ahead of time, so that you're ready to start the semester. Go here to find out how.