All campuses are closed to public per state emergency order. All classes at all UW-Green Bay campuses will be taught via alternative delivery methods through the summer. Visit our coronavirus (COVID-19) website for more information.

Summer Enrollment

Summer financial aid is a bit different than that of the academic year. Because the summer term actually occurs over two financial aid years (July 1st begins a new financial aid year), your aid eligibility for the term will depend on the timing of your courses as well as other factors. Funds received in the summer will likely affect aid eligibility for the academic year.

Things to Do

Students should file a FAFSA application for the subsequent academic year.

A UW-Green Bay Summer Aid Application must be completed and can be found in our 'Forms' area (this is typically available in March of each year).

Please note that any change in enrollment (i.e. change in credits and/or change in sessions) after completing the Summer Aid Application may change your disbursement dates and eligibility in the various aid programs. Be sure to monitor SIS and watch your UW-Green Bay email account as the Financial Aid Office will be adjusting aid at various times throughout the summer.

Eligibility Requirements

  • You must be a UW-Green Bay, degree-seeking student for summer aid eligibility.
  • For most financial aid programs, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credits as an Undergraduate or 5 credits as a Graduate in order to be eligible.
    • If you are looking for Work Study, you may be considered with or without enrollment for the term. Please indicate your interest in Work Study on the application.
    • If you are eligible for a Pell Grant, you may have eligibility as a less than half time student. Your summer Pell Grant, however, can have an effect on your academic year Pell Grant eligibility.