If you are planning to graduate from UW-Green Bay but are taking a few classes at another school at the same time, you may be able to receive financial aid for the credits that transfer. If you are receiving your financial aid from UW-Green Bay, UW-Green Bay is considered the home school and the other campus is considered the visiting school.
The consortium agreement is an agreement between the visiting school and UW-Green Bay. It is also an agreement between you (the student) and UW-Green Bay. Follow these steps to complete a consortium agreement:
1 Complete the FAFSA
Log in at fafsa.gov. You will list UW-Green Bay's school code (003899) on your application.
2 Enroll in at least 3 credits at UW-Green Bay
You must be enrolled in at least 3 credits at UW-Green Bay. This does not apply if you are enrolled in a study abroad program through another school.
3 Submit your consortium agreement
Consortium Agreement form
- Download and print the consortium agreement form.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Have a financial aid officer at the visiting school complete and return it to the UW-Green Bay Financial Aid Office with a copy of your class schedule.
4 Pay any tuition charges or fees
Pay any tuition charges/fees at your visiting school by their published due date. UW-Green Bay will not make any payments on your behalf.
5 Inform the Financial Aid Offices
- Inform the financial aid offices at your home and visiting schools of any changes in your enrollment related to the consortium.
- Upon completion of your courses, provide an official transcript to the Registrar Office, and an official or unofficial transcript to the Financial Aid Office.*
You may NOT receive financial aid from more than one school for the same period of attendance.
*In order to remain eligible for financial aid, students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards, set by UW-Green Bay's Financial Aid Office. Until official transcripts are sent by you from the visiting school, your consortium credits will remain incomplete, which may affect your future financial aid eligibility at UW-Green Bay.