The 2017-18 Re-Contracting period has ended. If you missed the deadline but would like to live on campus for 2017-18 please contact the Office of Residence Life at (920) 465-2040.
Timeline - Re-Contracting & Room Selection for 2017-18 Housing
|Re-Contracting Begins||Mon., February 13 at 9:00 a.m.|
|Deadline for Residents to Re-Contract||Tues., March 21|
|Deadline for New-to-Housing Students
(if preferencing a current resident)
|Tues., March 21, 11:59 p.m.|
|Priority Numbers/Room Selection Tickets Sent
(via campus email)
|Thurs., March 23|
|Room Selection in the University Union
(bring Room Selection tickets during appointment time)
2017-18 Housing Options:
Shared residence hall rooms
Single residence hall rooms
Shared bedroom apartments
Private bedroom apartments
Step 1: Contract Type
Decide Contract Type - Academic Year or Year-Round
August 31, 2017 to May 12, 2018
Academic year housing contracts are for the entire academic year (including winter break).
May 19, 2017 to May, 12, 2018
Year-round housing contracts are for a continuous stay in one accommodation for the entire summer through the entire academic year (including winter break). Review the year-round FAQs for more details.
Step 2: Re-Contract
Re-Contract for Housing Online
- Contracting Online: You may contract online February 13 - March 21. There is no benefit to contracting earlier versus later, provided you contract by the deadline. You must meet the deadline in order to receive your priority number. After March 21, you may stop by the Residence Life Office to re-contract for housing.
- Housing Contracts: Once you electronically accept the terms of your online Housing Contract, you are legally bound to fulfilling all of the contract terms and conditions, including financial payment and the dates of the contract (just as you would when signing a rental lease to live off-campus). You may review the terms and conditions of the Housing Contract here.
- Contracting Deadline: The deadline for contracting is Tuesday, March 21, 11:59 p.m. Residential students who miss the contracting deadline may be accommodated in housing, space permitting.
- Contracting Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation via email within 48 hours of contracting online. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact the Office of Residence Life or call (920) 465-2040.
- Advance Deposit: If you currently reside on campus, no additional deposit is needed. Please know that your deposit is non-refundable if you contract for housing now and then later are approved to cancel your Housing Contract.
- Requesting a Roommate who is New-to-Housing: You may request to live with a student who will be new-to-housing. To do so, the student who will be new-to-housing must secure a Housing Contract by Tuesday, March 21 indicating their preferred roommate’s name in Roommate Preference on the Housing Contract Application. A Roommate Pull-in Voucher will then be sent to the student who will be new-to-housing and should be forwarded to the returning student. This Roommate Pull-in Voucher must be submitted at room selection on March 29-30 for assignment purposes.
- Assistance and Questions: If you need assistance with contracting for housing, please visit contact the Office of Residence Life or call (920) 465-2040.
Step 3: Room Selection
Room Selection - Select Preferred Room or Apartment
- Room Assignments: Room assignments, which are subject to availability, will take place in the University Union Phoenix rooms on March 29 and March 30.
- Room Assignment Priority Number: Your Room Selection Ticket will provide the date and time you may come to the University Union Phoenix Rooms to request your preference for a particular room or apartment. Your priority number reflects the order in which you will be served, which is determined by: a) your number of semesters in housing, b) your academic credits earned, and c) a random number system to provide quality service and minimize long lines and waiting.
- Roommate Pull-in: You may form a roommate group and use the best number (lowest) to be assigned together in a room or apartment with other students during the Room Selection process to be held March 29-30.
- Check Priority Numbers Being Served: For your convenience you may check the priority numbers being served on your assignment day on March 29 or March 30 online.
- Housing Types: During your assignment time you will be given the opportunity to request your preferred housing type, space permitting. Housing types include: a) 11 residence halls; b) 9 apartment buildings with shared bedrooms (3312 through 3334); and c) 5 apartment buildings with private bedrooms (Harden, Robishaw, Liebl, Thompson, Haevers, and Pamperin).
- Housing Options: View information (e.g. which halls have elevators, air conditioning, shared bedrooms, private bedrooms, etc.) on our housing options pages. Please note that all buildings are open during semester breaks. Also note which buildings may be open during the summer if you plan to live on campus year-round (Harden, Robishaw, Liebl, Haevers, and Pamperin).
- Special Housing Accommodations: Please contact Dawn in the Office of Residence Life at by Tuesday, March 21 if you have a disability requiring special housing accommodations. You may do so by calling (920) 465-2042 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
- Roommate Preference: When requesting your room/preference, you and your preferred roommates must bring everyone’s Room Selection Tickets. For your convenience, only one person in a group of roommates needs to bring the groups' Room Selection Tickets when requesting your room preference. However, if your room preference is unavailable at the time of room signup, it's important for you to know your roommates' alternate room preferences or have them present for discussion and decision making purposes.
- Scheduling Conflicts: If you have extenuating circumstances preventing you from participating in the room assignment process on March 29 or March 30, you must contact the Office of Residence Life – at least 24 hours prior to your assigned date/time. Resident students who miss the room assignment deadline identified above, and fail to make alternate arrangements to accommodate their extenuating circumstances, will be assigned an accommodation based on availability after all other returning students have selected housing.
- Studying Abroad: If you plan to study abroad in the fall of 2017 and intend to return to university housing in the spring of 2018, please contact Dawn, email@example.com in Housing & Residence Life by Tuesday, March 21. You may do so by calling (920) 465-2040 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
Step 4: Confirm
Housing Assignment Confirmation
- Confirmation Email: You will receive confirmation of your room assignment via email immediately after you sign up for your room on March 29 or March 30. It is recommended you review this correspondence.
- Room Change Waitlist: If you did not receive your room preference you may request to be placed on the room change waitlist. To do so contact Dawn, firstname.lastname@example.org in Residence Life by calling (920) 465-2042 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
- Final Confirmation: In July you will receive email notification and confirmation of your room or apartment assignment and the names of roommates living in your room or apartment as part of Express Check-In.