Transfer Student Financial Aid Guidelines

If you are transferring to UW-Green Bay, there are several steps you must take in order to receive financial aid. A common misconception is that your aid will transfer with you, and that is not the case. Follow these simple guidelines and UW-Green Bay's Financial Aid Office will award you based upon our institutional guidelines and the availability of funds.

Transfer Student Financial Aid Application

  1. Log in to the FAFSA website to add UW-Green Bay's school code (003899) to your application. This will give us access to your FAFSA.
  2. Once you've been admitted as a student at UW-Green Bay, begin monitoring your UW-Green Bay email account, as this is the preferred method of communication by the Financial Aid Office.
  3. Log into our network, the Student Information System (SIS) and check your 'To Do Lists' to make sure there is nothing missing that is preventing you from being awarded. Your log in and password information can be found in your admissions packet.
  4. As a new student, the Financial Aid Office will email you and send you a postcard notifying you when you have been awarded. You will be directed to SIS in order to view, accept or decline various parts of your award. Go to the 'After Awarding' section of this site for more information.
  5. Once you are sure that you will transfer, contact the Financial Aid Office at your last institution to cancel any remaining financial aid there.

Transfer Student Admission

Be sure to send the University (Admissions Office) official transcripts of all completed coursework at your prior institution(s). For more, see the Transfer Student Admissions.