Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Green Bay!
We hope you enjoy working at UW-Green Bay and find your new position rewarding.
Getting started with a new job as faculty or staff is not always easy - new employees must become comfortable with their new surroundings. This resource has been developed to familiarize you with UW-Green Bay and provide you with resources to find additional information regarding your employment with us. Onboarding is a continuum of activities that occur during the first six months of a new staff member's employment. These activities may include job-specific orientation, personal benefits orientation, Human Resources orientation, formal mentor programs, and assistance from peers, all with the goal of helping employees acclimate to a new professional environment.
As an employer we strive to:
- Value all and treat all employees with dignity and respect.
- Create an environment that encourages each employee to contribute their unique talents, develop skills, and experience fulfillment while working.
- Recognize that our employees are important in achieving the educational and community service goals of the University.
As an employee, your responsibility is to:
- See yourself as a responsible contributor to the achievement of UW-Green Bay’s mission and principles.
- Work towards the attainment of the institution's financial and operational goals.
- Conduct yourself with honesty, dignity, and respect toward your colleagues and the University community.