Applied Leadership for Teaching and Learning
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s Master’s Degree in Applied Leadership for Teaching and Learning (MSAL) recognizes the valuable contributions of experienced educators and their ability to engage in professional development within a community of learners. With this understanding as its foundation, the program provides experienced educators and professionals with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills and be recognized as leaders within their profession. The core curriculum is based on the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). The following learning outcomes have been identified for this program.
After successful completion of this graduate program, students will demonstrate the following:
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to teaching and learning.
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in managing and monitoring student learning.
- Graduates will demonstrate a focus on pedagogy and reflective practice.
- Graduates will demonstrate successful participation in a community of learners.
- Graduates will demonstrate leadership competency related to organizational change.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge about historical and contemporary educational reform efforts.